The Ruffwear Swamp Cooler helps keep your dog cool in hot, dry weather using evaporative cooling. This dog coat also provides UPF 50+ sun protection and has a leash portal on the back, so it can be worn over most harnesses.
The Swamp Cooler by Ruffwear is great for dogs that enjoy hiking, biking, running or walking in the heat, playing on the beach, boating or participating in agility trials or dog shows!
The Swamp Cooler dog vest provides maximum cooling through evaporation & heat reflection. Just soak the dog coat in cool water, wring out the excess and it is ready to put on your dog. The Swamp Cooler will keep your dog cool for several hours (depending on how hot it is and the humidity levels). When it dries, just re-soak it to recharge the cooling.
New for 2022: Updated external air mesh for improved abrasion resistance and improved water absorption: the new design retains more water in high exposure zones on the vest for a longer charge.
The Swamp Cooler is available in 6 sizes and should have a relaxed, loose fit. Note, it is not essential for it to go all the way to the base of the tail as the majority of cooling will be around the chest.
To size, measure around your dog's girth (the circumference) at the widest part of the chest and right behind the front legs. You can also measure the neck as the neck on the coat is not adjustable.
Sizes should be selected based on Chest Measure first.
|Chest/Girth Measure* Most Important
|33-43 cm (13-17")
|43-56 cm (17-22")
|56-69 cm (22-27")
|69-81 cm (27-32")
|81-91 cm (32-36")
|91-107 cm (36-42")
- Cooling dog vest for hot conditions provides maximum cooling through evaporation & heat reflection - UPF 50+ Coverage
- Relaxed fit design for maximum shade and 2 side release buckles for easy on-off
- Leash portal on back means it can be worn over a harness
- 3-layer construction maximises cooling effects:
- outer layer wicks reflects heat and facilitates evaporation
- middle layer is absorbent and stores water for evaporation
- absorbent middle layer stores the water for evaporation
- inner mesh lining keeps your dog dry and comfortable
- for more info - click here.
- Made from a light coloured fabric it also reflects the heat from the sun
- Reflective trim helps give visibility in low-light and there is a loop to attach a Beacon light if you want additional visibility (purchased separately)
How to Use the Swamp Cooler
Secure fasteners and wash in cold water with the gentle cycle and mild detergent. Hang dry only. Do not bleach, iron or dry clean.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.