The K-9 Float Coat by Ruffwear - for dogs that love to join their humans paddle boarding, surfing, kayaking, rafting or boating (& hydrotherapy too!)
The Ruffwear Float Coat is a premium dog life jacket that has been designed with safety and comfort in mind. It was re-designed in 2021 to use softer, more-flexible, PVC-free Gaia® Foam to fit nearly dog's of all shapes and sizes. The tailored fit, it provides excellent flotation and comfortable movement for your dog when they are swimming, running or relaxing.
This dog life vest has a strong, centrally placed handle on the back so you help your pup out of the water. Plus there is a leash clip-in point under the back handle and reflective trim for enhanced visibility.
To find the best fit for your dog, measure around the widest part of dog's girth/chest.
If your dog is in-between sizes and a stable weight, choose the smaller size.
All sizes are based on the chest measure, but if you want to confirm the neck size (around the neck) and the coat length (from the base of the neck towards the tail) we've included these below. Undecided? drop us an email on email@example.com
Note: the coat should only cover the rib cage and not go the full length of the body - otherwise it can interfere with the rear legs in swimming.
Check out the video further down this page on fitting the K9 Float Coat.
- Easy Life & Assist Back Handle: A strong, low profile back handle that allows you to help your dog out of the water
- Optimal Buoyancy & Fits Most Dogs: Flexible PVC-free Gaia® Foam panels strategically placed to support a natural swimming position and to fit dog's of all shapes and sizes.
- Secure & Easily Adjustable: Telescoping neck closure that is adjustable yet permanently attached and secure
Safety: Reflective trim to enhances visibility in low light and there is a light loop to attach The Beacon (sold separately)
- Leash Attachment Point: And sheltered, easy to clip buckles that allow easy, one-handed clipping
- Made from time-proven abrasion-resistant materials
- Always rinse the life jacket after use in salt water or pools.
- Secure fasteners. Hand wash in cold water with mild detergent. Air dry.
- Shell: 800 denier ballistic Polyester
- Foam: Gaia foam and CLPE foam
- Webbing: Polypropylene 'nylike' webbing
- Buckles: ITW Nexus Airloc side-release buckles
- Other Hardware: Plastic D-ring and Duraflex duckbill tension lock
- Reflective: Reflective screen print
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.