NEW DESIGN FOR 2022! The Approach DogPack by Ruffwear is a great camping and trekking dog backpack that is ideal for day hikes or light overnight adventures. The saddlebags are radially cut and sit on an integrated harness with a breathable chassis - helping with pack stability and comfort.
What's New? A perforated, molded foam chassis allow for the pack to be more breathable and a flexible fit. Plus, improved fade-resistant materials, updated flopper stopper system for easier use when stabilising the panniers, and more streamlined saddlebag volumes.
ADD any Ruffwear leash to your order & SAVE 10% on the leash! Use 'SETSAVE10' at checkout
To find the best size for your dog, measure around your dog's girth/chest - just behind your dog's front legs. Be sure to measure around the widest part of your dog's chest (measure around it just like you were measuring around your own chest). Click here for a video on how to measure your dog's chest.
It is important for the pack to fit snug. Just like with saddlebags on a horse the pack should fit snugly so it stays stable and doesn't shift and rub. Ruffwear recommend sizing down if your dog is in-between sizes.
Do not size up just to get extra capacity. Always size by the chest measure.
* PLEASE NOTE: it is not recommended that your dog carry more than 20% of their body weight in their dog pack (including the weight of the pack). If your dog is new to dog packs, start with an empty bag and gradually work up from a light to a heavier load as your dog gets accustomed to wearing the pack.
|Fits Chests Measuring
|Weight of Pack
Five adjustment points - these allow the pack to be adjusted and snugly fitted to a wide variety of dog shapes. With proper fit, this adjustability ensures the pack will stay stable on your dog (not slide back and forth) and should not interfere with your dog's range of motion.
- Trail-ready saddlebag design - the panniers have 2 zipped compartments on each side so your dog can carry their food, water, leads, bowls or other trail essentials. As well the zippers are coated to run smooth, there are external gear loops, and there is side reflective trim for improved visibility in low light conditions.
- Handy padded back handle and girth straps - offer even load dispersion so you can assist your dog over rocks and obstacles in a controlled and comfortable manner.
- Two leash attachment points - there is a single-piece, anodised aluminium V-ring just at the front of the back handle or a webbing loop sitting further back behind the handle.
- Weight-forward saddlebag design - the radial cut design and flopper stoppers stabilise the pack and it's contents.
Low-light visibility trim - reflective trim runs across each side of the pack and there is a light loop to attach The Beacon (sold separately)
How to Fit & Adjust the Approach Pack
Learn about the Key Features of the Approach Pack
- Shell: 150 denier polyester
- Harness chassis: Laminated, molded bonded mesh and perforated foam
- Buckles: ITW Nexus Airloc side-release buckles
- Leash Connection Point: Anodized 6061-T6 aluminum V-ring
- Zippers: YKK reverse coil zipper
- Made in Vietnam
- Hand wash
- Mild detergent
- Air dry
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.